T20 world cup 2022: England became T20 champion for the second time, Sam Curran was 'Player of the Tournament, read for more here...
T20 World Cup 2022: England won the final match of the T20 World Cup 2022. In the match played in Melbourne, they defeated Pakistan by 5 wickets. The England team, from the very beginning of the match, maintained their dominance and won the T20 World Cup once again after 2010. Their batsmen also did well after restricting Pakistan to a small score. For once in the middle, it seemed that Pakistan was making a comeback but the England batsmen did not lose their patience and won easily.
- Ben Stokes, who scored an unbeaten 52, was the hero of England's victory in batting.
- Apart from them, captain Jos Buttler scored a blistering 26 runs and set the momentum of the team.
- Later on, Harry Brooke (20) and Moeen Ali (19) took charge and brought the team closer to victory.
- England won the toss and decided to bowl first. Batting first, Pakistan scored 137 runs for the loss of 8 wickets.
- Babar Azam scored 32 runs in 28 balls for Pakistan. Apart from them, only Shan Masood could survive.
- He scored 38 runs in 28 balls, while Shadab contributed 20 runs.
- None of the other batsmen could touch the 20-run mark. Sam Curran bowled brilliantly, taking three wickets for 12 runs in 4 overs.
- Sam Curran has also been adjudged the ICC Player of the Tournament for his excellent performance throughout the tournament.