Electricity bill: Pay the electricity bill without the internet through UPI, read this to know the process...
You can pay with UPI even without the internet. Internet is required to pay with UPI, but even if you do not have internet, you can make payments with the help of UPI. On the other hand, if you want to pay for electricity with UPI without the help of the internet, now you can use 123PAY electricity bill payment service for more than 70 electricity boards offered by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Using the convenience of 123PAY and the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS), consumers will be able to pay their electricity bills faster and easier. The NPCI press release states that the payment can be made directly from bank accounts.
How to pay the electricity bill on 123PAY?
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to pay your electricity bill using 123PAY, as per NPCI.
- First of all, users call 123Pay payment number 080-4516-3666 or 6366 200 200.
- First-time or new users will be onboarded first.
- Users will now have to choose the option of electricity bill payment.
- Users should then speak the name of the electricity board for which payment needs to be made.
- Now users will then have to enter the consumer/customer number and any other details.
- After this, the user will get information about the outstanding bill amount.
- Users can now enter a UPI PIN for payment.
- Explain that users will be able to pay their electricity bill in 10 regional languages by dialing the payment number '080 4516'.
What is 123PAY
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has rolled out the 123PAY UPI service for feature phones, which was launched by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) earlier this year. Users of 123PAY feature phones can choose from one of four technology solutions to conduct digital transactions. You can use this feature by calling the IBR (interactive voice response) number, using the app on feature phones, or missed calls.