Dessert: Serve Moong Vermicelli Pudding in the Dessert, see the recipe here...
Sat, 12 Nov 2022
You must have eaten many types of pudding in the market and restaurants. But have you tried moong sevai pudding in Indian style?
- 1/4 cup moong dal dhuli
- 1/2 cup roasted vermicelli
- 1-liter full cream milk
- 1/4 cup grated date jaggery
- 1/4 tsp small cardamom powder
- 10-12 cashew pieces
- 1 tbsp pistachios and almonds
- sugar to taste
- 3 tsp desi ghee.
- Wash the dal thoroughly with water and keep it in a sieve.
- Heat 2 spoons of ghee in a pressure pan, fry cashews, and take them out.
- Fry the dal in the remaining ghee on low flame till it becomes light brown.
- Then put 1/2 cup of water in it and put the lid on it and cook till 3 whistles come.
- In a separate heavy-bottomed nonstick pan, heat the remaining ghee and saute the roasted vermicelli and add milk to it and let it cook.
- Soak jaggery in 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Open the lid of the pressure pan. Mash the dal with a potato masher and put it in boiling milk.
- Cook both things till it becomes very thick. Filter the jaggery and put it in the pudding.
- If you want to add sugar, then put it. When the pudding becomes thick, add cardamom powder and cashew nuts to it.
- Serve it after cooling or hot in a serving bowl and garnished with almonds and pistachios.